Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sweet Galilee

Breathtaking. That is the word that comes to mind when I think of my experience in Galilee. I don't even know where to start in telling about the experiences I had, so I'll just post an overload of pictures.
Casearea- Herod's port city on the Mediterranean Sea. Taylor and I
Overlooking the Mediterranean Sea- Neal and I
Austin and I at
Kaitlin and I
Me, Brock, Rachel, Kaitlin
Me, Josh, Kaitlin
Me, Spence, Cory
Ancient water trough- instead of the wooden manger that everyone pictures Christ being laid in, this is more likely to be the place he was laid after being wrapped in swaddling clothes.
AJ and I at the Jordan River! There were so many people there of different religions being baptized.
Donovan and I
Austin and I- we're hardcore.
Beautiful walk we took to a waterfall.
The view from church in Tiberias
Josh and I
Mark and I
Jess, me, Kaitlin
Our wonderful hometeachers! Michael and Piers
Fish Restaurant at Ein Gev- yes I ate that- including one of the eyeballs- all part of the adventure.
The view of the Sea of Galilee from our hotel rooms- watching the sunset every night overlooking the sea of Galilee with bonfires on the beach a few nights a week- not bad huh?
Sister Muhlestein and I on the most beautiful hike I have ever been on- it was so fun to chat with her while we walked- I love her!
One of the most incredible experiences I had the whole week was on the Mount of Beatitudes as I studied the sermon given by the Savior and looked around at the place he stood when he taught. March is definitely the best time to be in Galilee.
Our boat ride on the Sea- we sang "Master the Tempest is Raging" and read about the miracles the Savior performed on the Sea of Galilee. Rachel, Lani, me
Uncle Peter, you were right- this was definitely a highlight of this whole experience, I learned so much about the miracles the Savior performed and will always treasure the experiences I had studying the scriptures on the shores of Galilee. I got to know my friends here better than ever and spent so much time getting to know the wonderful people I am here with. I love my life!

No comments: